T4DATA – TRAINING DATA PROTECTION AUTHORITIES AND DATA PROTECTION OFFICERS.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) entered into force on 24 May 2016 and it will apply from 25 May 2018. GDPR strengthens the level of data protection for individuals, in accordance with European values and fundamental rights.T4DATA is a transnational project that aims to provide support for training of Data Protection Supervisory Authorities (DPAs) and the Data Protection Officers (DPOs) of public bodies on the practical implications and possible interpretations of the GDPR.
- Transnational Training for Trainers addressed to DPAs in order to build a common understanding and interpretation of the GDPR requirements; to strengthen the capacity of DPAs to build mutual trust among them so as to improve future transnational cooperation and to allow DPAs to learn from their respective experience. The project provides for three training events (two events in Italy and one in Poland).
- Local trainings addressed to the DPOs or to the leading figures of central, regional/local authorities in order to train them on the provisions of the GDPR and to raise awareness of the role, competences and main responsibilities of DPOs. Four local trainings will be organized in each partner country.
- Webinars of 48 hours of lessons will be organized and made avaible in each partner country to reach a greater audience.
- Final international conference to disseminate the knowledge base on the GDPR and to present the results of the project to a larger public. The event will take place in Rome.
The partnership combines the involvement of Data Protection Authorities from five European countries with European data protection experts with extensive experience in training of legal officials in various European countries. It is is composed by:
- Fondazione Lelio e Lisli Basso – ONLUS (Italy)
- Garante per la Protezione dei Dati Personali (Italy)
- Agencia de Proteccion de Datos (Spain)
- Agencija za zastitu osobnih podataka (Croatia)
- Commission for Personal Data Protection (Bulgaria)
- Biuro Generalnego Inspektora Ochrony Danych Osobowych (Poland)
The project is coordinated by Fondazione Lelio e Lisli Basso. Being part of the Fundamental Rights European Experts (FREE) Group, Fondazione involves two of the main European experts in the field of data protection, Marie Georges and Douwe Korff, who will actively take part in the project.